Wednesday, February 22, 2006

dirty dirty corporate sex

Dubai/Ports/Government versus Corporate Culture thing. Sirota's got a good one about the port issue.

Couple of thoughts. I shouldn't be sitting here. I should be packing. But I want to mellow out a little bit and drink my tea. First off--and I don't know why I didn't connect this in my brain earlier--but the people who run everything, the rich people and their corporations, have turned out government into a corporation. Basically, as I understand it, a corporation is a business adventure with no one person responsible. Root corpus, "body", right? It's its own body. It's a body with no head. You cut off the head and it still keeps living. (Back to the zombies, sorta.) You have a doofus figurehead. But he didn't know what was going on. And we can't point the finger at anybody else. It's a fuckin' cancer man. A virus. I don't know.

I had crazy dreams last night. First off. The other night I had a dream where Wendi got me a job working at a privileged high school in New York. My job was to teach 12 blonde girls 8 hours a day. Nothing dirty. Just us about grammar and science and stuff. And they loved me. And I got paid really well. And I got health insurance. The school was weird because it was just this big chamber, with a bunch of tables. And every table was a "classroom." Anyhow, I woke up and I thought, all right! I get to stay in New York because Wendi got me this great job. But then I remembered it was a dream. Then last night I had this dream where I was working for my relatives in Denver. And it really sucked because I was doing this envelope-stuffing kinda deal taht was inordinately convoluted and pointless and menial and other words I can't quite think of at the moment. But I was a big deal because I was nephew of the boss. And there were these bathrooms where the sinks were really high and you had to climb up this blue mushroom fixtures that stuck out of the wall in order to wash your hands. And when I was up at the top washing my hands a woman came into the room and didn't notice me and starting to go to the bathroom. I climbed down and we had a talk. After she washed her hands we walked around the office. She totally dug me. But maybe that was only because I was the boss's nephew. Yeah, probably.

No comments: