Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Stupidest TV Show on TV right now

I've watched a lot more TV the past 9 months more than I have any right to claim I have any brain left to critically examine anything in this world anymore, but the Travel Channel's Most Unique McDonald's in the World is the crappiest of nighttime crap. Pure corporate propaganda. Seems to be made by the people who brought us the hot dog show, same narrator, same lack of curiosity about the strangeness on the topic.

I feel crappy about making this post, but it should be said that even after nine months of saturating my brain with TV's blast of raw stupidity, McD's show just seems to be the worst of the worst. But the medium is the message. Or, in the words of Umberto Eco, the medium is NOT the message. Which is worse? In times of crisis I defer to a higher power:

May I propose a Herzog dictum? Those who read own the world, and those who watch television lose it.
from Herzog on Herzog.

While on the subject, I found this interview with Errol Morris and Herzog here at the believer.

My bet on the sleeper-hit of the summer? DC Comics answer to the hep Ironman makeover: Harmony Korine's remake of DC comics' Wonder Woman, here's a sneak peek:

No comments: