Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Are You Neti..?

I am very excited. The other day received my brand spanking new Neit pot in the mail. It says it i to be used for "Nasal Irrigation." I used to use one years ago but fell off the neti wagon after bouts of laziness and now I have begun again. My first use was a bit pain full as the water poured from my left nostril out my right I felt an extreme amount of pain around my eyes. Within seconds a big glob of something was pushed and I was breathing free and clean. I hope it gets easier as time goes on. I'll keep you readers updated during my adventures in neti.

-my neti does not have the OM symbol on it.....
In other news....Zakir Hussain and his master's of Indian Percussion came into town over the weekend and performed for a god three hours. The concert was amazing. Two years ago when Zakir was playing with Charles Lloyd (sax master) Zakir asked Charles "What key do you want the Tablas in?" And Charles said, "Oh, just tune to the key of the universe." Zakir then muses, "hmm, let's see the Universe hums in B-flat, so..." And that's why Zakir is so great!!
Now as for this b-flat thing I think an album should be made with all the songs dedicated and played to and with this great note..... May I request a b-flat Requiem from the great Meltmaster and those Radist of Unicorns...and everyone else..Does Lagoze talk in b-flat. What key do our reptilian friends sing in..... what notes does the Earth make when earthquakes occur?

Zakir...

4 comments:

sarcasmus said...

when i was a kid i had a charles lloyd t-shirt. i don't know why i had a charles lloyd t-shirt. my dad told me he was a saxophonist, but he had become a real estate agent.

Anonymous said...

A real estate agent??!!! Charles Lloyd took about 5 years off from playing music (it may have been more) to study transcendental meditation in the 70s. What a cool shirt to have..You should listen to his recordings with the drummer Billy Hart.

Your brother scooped us all. I never liked the Bad Liutenent. I thought HArvey Keitel was too dramatic. Maybe I was too young when I saw it.

sarcasmus said...

i've never seen Bad Lieutenant. interesting he's making a remake. but he's done it before, see Nosferatu.

maybe he studied meditation and also sold real estate. i will look him up. i have a few zakir hussein cds; one with him playing with ravi, it's great.

Anonymous said...

At the end of the 60's Charles Lloyd had recorded an Album (Wallflowers?) that became the number one selling jazz album of all time (with Jack Dejohette, Keith Jarrett and GAry Peacock aka - the trio!)he probably made so much money then that he invested in the real estate market on the side- made his cash and then retreated to sit and play.....K