Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Travesty of an Eyesore

Space Needle Part II

Click on the slide show just to see how ugly and spaceneedlesque the new "Freedom" tower will be. Why don't they call it the Cool Tower. Or the AWESOME tower. Or the OUTERSPACE Tower from the FUTURE. I swear if they actually build this thing I will move away from New York.

And what makes it uglier (as if that was possible) is that they don't even need it. Nobody wants to move into it. So they are building an ugly thing that has no practical use. Ahhhh....I see their game now. They were looking for a building so ugly and useless to deter anyone from blowing it up.

I guess Ayn Rand was right.

(By the way, I haven't read the book, but the movie was objectively terrible.("A culture is only as great as its dreams and its dreams are dreamed by artists." Wow! That's almost as profound as Herzog! Or Ayn Rand!(I'm getting confused about what I'm being sarcastic about(I want to read one of this guy's books.)

No comments: