Monday, January 21, 2008

A good Musical is Hard to find...




A Lucky day for me. At a used record store I was able to find a copy of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge- (If I knew how to put the you tube video up I would....); one of the great Hindi soundtracks of all time...It was the Saturday Night Fever of the 90's. And there is was waiting for me for a mere $2.50.....IS there a better Bollywood soundtrack out there....Lagaan? Raja Hindustani, Dil to Pagil Hai? Isq.....Mother India...the soundtrack to Gandhi? But this is a gem......Next to it was the Soundtrack to Bride and Prejudice its Bhangralicious....If Herzog has faults in his movies it's his inability to produce a good musical. What would have been wrong with Kinski lip singing some love song recorded by one of the Gibb brothers, Rafi, a member of the Temptations or Phillip Baliey from Earth, Wind, and Fire. Kinski would have loved dancing in film - much like Chirstopher Walken in the Fat Boy Slim song.. (Walken was a dancer, though....) Kinski would have loved playing an alter ego courting a would be lover in the depths of the Amazon, as a Vampire discovering that love is more important than blood, or as a lunatic singing just for the heck of it....
I think I found your sarcasm...it's in the prefrontal lobe of the brain, of course...
In honor of MLK Jr. here is a good article to read....I hope all A&S readers can do some kind of social goodness today.....

No comments: