Monday, May 14, 2007

Kenny!

I ran into this guy we used to roleplay with last night at a restaurant we were eating at. His name was Kenny. He had two small daughters. He didn't look very happy.


He told me he was surprised that sloppy turned out to be such a wanderer.

I had the ranchilidas. My wife had some tacos. My Mom and Sister both had fajitas. My son had a quesadilla. Food of the future. There was a pitcher of margaritas on our table. Kenny refused a fill-up of his coke, but his wife wanted more ice tea.

Earlier that day, my sister in law's fiancee and I discussed a mutual time in which he could work on my car. He's a mechanic.

When I was a senior in High School, I ran into Kenny and his then-girlfriend at a local Village Inn. I was with a large group of my friends from Theatre. I went up to talk to him, much like I did last night. While I was talking to him, I noticed the entire table of fellow thespians sort of snickering at me. I wondered what was going on, but not worried, 'cause they were the type to start laughing and snickering for no reason. Finally, a very good friend of mine came up to me and whispered in my ear. She told me that, natch, my zipper was down, and I was...displaying myself for the entire restaurant.

Consequently, I spun around quickly and zipped up.



This isn't Kenny. This is my sister-in-law's fiancee, the mechanic who's going to work on my car hopefully sometime this week.

No comments: