Friday, July 29, 2005

Emily Soule

I just found about someone who I worked with in Seattle died. She was was a workstudy in the office, and she was killed by car while crossing a street. I guess she was recently married. She was just a lovely, really nice, intelligent person. It is so senseless. I can't believe she's dead. Writing these words seem surreal. I didn't even know her that well. Here's a link. I guess everybody goes through this grappling at some point.

It is interesting to see how different people react.

She told me that Brothers Karamazov was better than Crime and Punishment.

I think she was right. (Was.)

2 comments:

Sapphire Eagle © said...

I have used the word surreal 11 times today! Funny, but it seems to hang around me! reading this posting was both touching and poignant.

sarcasmus said...

Life is surreal. Serial. Sure real.

Thanks, that makes up for me telling people to kill themselves earlier this week.

There is progress.

(But no one will ever see Emily again. )

We use humor to distance ourselves from the real. Funny. Touching! Poignant?