Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Springtime of the Mind

For various reasons, I have felt like crap all week. But suddenly tonight, the atmosphere lightened, the air started smelling sweet, I noticed the birds singing...
The whole universed coalesced into purpose and for a few moments I felt like there was reason to live...
I can't quite pinpoint the exact reason...
Just some oppressive force in my life seems to inexplicably fled here at the month's end...
I can breathe easier...
My palpitations aren't as pronounced and bothersome as they have been...
As if I had electric electrodes clamped to various sensitive points upon my body and they have suddenly been graciously, delicately disconnected. I still throb with the memory of the oppression. But it has now gone. It may bother me no more. I know that the future is uncertain, and I will undoubtably face further oppression. But this one particular set of clamps, chisels and miniature whirring saws will no longer torment me on a daily basis.

I am free.

No comments: