Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy Two Thousand Fucking Five

I haven't blogged in awhile because I have been busy with relatives. I got some things on the agenda. First, I have more nominees for drunkest blog on the net. I'll get to those later this week. Also, I have more I want to write about the guy who mailed himself.

I can't believe it's 2005. If this was going on in the seventies, it'd be tragedy. Like Vietnam. Vietnam was a tragedy. (I'm not really drunk, but I've had enough this evening.) Anyhow. This 2005 we've got...it's not tragedy, but it's dystopia. Because it's 2005 and not 1975 it's dystopia.

There is a movie you need to see. It is The Thing With Two Heads. I saw it the second time yesterday. It was made in 1972. It is a movie that explores the possibility of human head transplantation. The layers of meaning and metaphor contained within the movie are enough to provide a hundred PHD dissertations. I believe the filmmaker of The Thing With Two Heads is as good or better than Godard. Godard is brilliant, but a terrible filmmaker. The Filmmakers of The Thing With Two Heads are terrible but brilliant filmmakers. This is because what they have created is too bizarre not to be relevant. As Werner Herzog has said, he'd rather watch a Kung-Fu movie rather than a Godard movie. (Who, TRULY, wouldn't?) The Thing With Two Heads can't hold a candle to a great Kung Fu movie as far as pure cinematic experience is considered---only because it is so uneven!---but it contains images that almost aspire to Herzog's ideal of esctatic imagery! More later!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

And let us not forget those memorable words from that movie...."That's NOT the gorilla's original head!"