Thursday, December 16, 2004

"It is unfortunate that one individual would choose to flaunt air regulations"

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/09/09/plane.stowaway/

This really is one of the great stories of our time. Something about it is just transcendently great.

I know I linked it before. But I just had to link it again. As they say, in our age, linking makes it real. Well, I'm trying to make it doubly real.

Read Thomas Bernhard and listen to The Velvet Underground to make more real.

(Incidentally, the other great story of our time is the story of the guy who had to cut his arm off when he got trapped on a hike in the country cause he got said arm trapped beneath a boulder. I am actually am friends with a guy who knows that guy. You know the guy I'm talking about. He was on David Letterman one night. The guy I'm talking about video-tapped himself before and after the severance. But they only showed a little bit of the before part on Letterman's show. Fifth and final beer. Night.)

Here's the link:

http://www.cmu.edu/magazine/03fall/aralston.html

Aron Ralston's the name. The guy went to school with a guy named Kirk Morgan, who I met on the bus in Seattle. We befriended; we went camping together and had barbecue. Kirk's girlfriend is Shernan, who went to a school in Nebraska, where, incidentally, the daughters of my High School English teacher Mr. Gerkin went to.

Just watch out for those Jimjams.




No comments: