Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pamela versus Werner











Not sure who would win. I have yet to see the Borat movie, but I'm going to go look for it--word is it has made it to Korea. In the mean time we have Pamela:

You won't find my new release at your local cinema. My latest project is "Kentucky Fried Cruelty," an undercover exposé blowing the whistle on the cruel treatment of animals at KFC's factory farm and slaughterhouse suppliers. The video details just how horribly KFC treats chickens—birds are so crippled that theycan't even walk, live birds are forced into tanks of scalding-hot water while
completely conscious and able to feel pain, and Moorefield, West Virginia slaughterhouse
workers kill birds by slamming them against the wall and stomping on them!



and then we have Werner:

Norman Hill: Why this interest in chickens? They are in several of your films...
Werner Herzog: They are very frightening for me because their stupidity is so
flat. When you look into the eyes of a chicken you lose yourself in a completely
flat, frightening stupidity. They are a great metaphor...for me..for I don't
what it is. They reappear in several of my films. Even Dwarves Started Small.
Cannibalistic chicken. One-legged chicken. A rooster being hypnotized and on and
on and on. NH: (Laughs.) And the famous dancing chicken in Stroszek. WH:
(Laughs.) Right. That is some of the best I've ever filmed. So I don't know. I
kind of love chicken but they frighten me more than any other animal I know.





More Chick-N-Mation here. (Highly recommended.)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that a shirtless laderhosen or is he just happy to see Werner?